所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 75 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  12345  下一頁
發表人 內容
文章發表於 : 2012-01-02, 22:55 
離線

註冊時間: 2005-04-05, 15:43
文章: 126
wanna 寫:
PCMan maybe could post the e-mail content that IE Tab 2's author want you to delete your MAO account.
Let everyone know IE Tab 2's author what he want to do if you can.

I believe that his intent is not that bad. He just want to buy the name and replace our old one. But, since we never agree with that proposal, registering a domain name with others' project name, and register a fake account with others' name apparently is not a good way to do open source software. Actually it's a little bit offensive. Technically they did a great job on IETab2, but this does not justify GPL violation.

我相信他本來沒有惡意,他只是想買IE Tab這個名字,然後取代我們的舊專案。但是既然我們沒有答應這個提議,用別人的專案名稱註冊網址,又用原作者名稱註冊假帳號,顯然並不是從事開放原始碼的好方法。事實上這有點冒犯。技術上來說,他們在IE Tab2上做得很好,但是這並不能把違反GPL授權的行為正當化。

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Quote from GPL:
引用自 GPL授權:
引言回覆:
If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source.
如果你把程式目的碼放在網路上,相對應的程式碼,可以在支援同等功能的不同伺服器上,但前提是你必須在旁邊清楚的標示如何取得原始碼。

d) Limiting the use for publicity purposes of names of licensors or authors of the material; or

限制使用授權者或原作者名稱作為宣傳。

GPL violation is a severe issue in the free software world. If I don't want others to use my work, I would not release it to the public with GPL. However the ways people use it should not violate the license.
違反GPL在自由軟體世界是嚴重的事。如果我不想讓別人使用我的成果,我就不會用GPL釋出它了。但無論如何,人們使用這些成果的方法,不能違反授權合約。

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 00:05 
有任何違反 GPL 的事證可以舉報給這個組織:
http://gpl-violations.org/

GPL-violations 是專門成立來對付那些不遵守 GPL 規定的廠商,我想他們應該很樂意處理這件事。

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 02:05 
離線
[網站管理員]
頭像

註冊時間: 2004-11-06, 23:25
文章: 761
稍早 petercpg 在 MozTW Lab 的工作聚會上,
已經在 Bugzilla 向 Mozilla 回報了套件網站可以掛冒名作者的設計漏洞,
如果大家有興趣追蹤 Mozilla 在這個問題的處理進度,可以追蹤這一頁:

http://bugzil.la/714617 (甚或是註冊一個帳號,然後幫問題的重要性 vote)

至於 IE Tab V2 目前在 Firefox 套件網站上授權仍然違反 GPL 的問題,我們也在持續追蹤。

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0a2) Gecko/20120101 Firefox/11.0a2
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 06:07 
So much negative energy. People, please realize that users CAME TO US asking us to update the IE Tab product because they had been abandoned. We did that work for them. I think all we did was good, nothing we have done has harmed users.

Regarding the GPL: I would like to point to the very publicy visible javascript source code of the project which is included with the XPI package: It clearly attributes yuoo2k, it includes the GPL license.txt file, and the comments were properly updated to include contact information for ietab.net as the ones currently maintaining the code, as well as some comments about the changes that were made.

PC Man, I would like to point out that the licensing of IE Tab (and consequently IE Tab V2) is actually LGPL 2.1, while you are quoting GPL 3. They are slightly different. Can you explain to me where in the original IE Tab object code you have the link to the source code? Or the explicit offer to download it? I just want to make sure everyone is following best GPL practices.

In any case, let's talk about now: The IE Tab V2 code is now being maintained at a visible Google Code project, I've updated the ietab.net home page and the AMO listing to link to it. In the next release we will update the comments in the code to make sure they also point to the new Google Code project.

If there is something else that we are overlooking, please let me know.

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7

引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 07:11 
離線

註冊時間: 2011-10-01, 09:25
文章: 10
support@ietab.net 寫:
So much negative energy. People, please realize that users CAME TO US asking us to update the IE Tab product because they had been abandoned. We did that work for them. I think all we did was good, nothing we have done has harmed users.

Regarding the GPL: I would like to point to the very publicy visible javascript source code of the project which is included with the XPI package: It clearly attributes yuoo2k, it includes the GPL license.txt file, and the comments were properly updated to include contact information for ietab.net as the ones currently maintaining the code, as well as some comments about the changes that were made.

PC Man, I would like to point out that the licensing of IE Tab (and consequently IE Tab V2) is actually LGPL 2.1, while you are quoting GPL 3. They are slightly different. Can you explain to me where in the original IE Tab object code you have the link to the source code? Or the explicit offer to download it? I just want to make sure everyone is following best GPL practices.

In any case, let's talk about now: The IE Tab V2 code is now being maintained at a visible Google Code project, I've updated the ietab.net home page and the AMO listing to link to it. In the next release we will update the comments in the code to make sure they also point to the new Google Code project.

If there is something else that we are overlooking, please let me know.

You didn't follow GPL for years,that's the point.
There're caches and snapshot to prove your team have close source for a long time.
also,why did you register a "PCMAN" fake id to make your team look like more official?

To apologize is not easy,we know that.
However,you have to do that for the behaviors

最後由 teee 於 2012-01-03, 08:23 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20111220 Firefox/12.0a1
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 08:02 
離線

註冊時間: 2008-07-16, 06:46
文章: 8
@teee
良心建議,口氣可以再修改一下,別這麼衝這麼咄咄逼人
可以參考一下PCMan大神的回應
反應不需要比受害者還要強大和亢奮

良心建議,純無惡意:)

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 09:31 
My apologies if this is a duplicate, I am having some difficulty with the forum because it is not in my native language.

Ah, I see some of the confusion. I made a mistake in my last statement. It turns out the license.txt file is not contained in the XPI package, and I think it should be. The license.txt file is at the root of the source code, but the XPI is built from the "extension" subdirectory, so the GPL license.txt file does not get included in the XPI like I was thinking. It is also not included in PCMan's XPI, PCMan perhaps this is something you should change also?

But please do note that you can go back to the very earliest version of IE Tab V2 from March of 2010, open ietabOverlay.js (and other source code files) and you will see that they properly mark the files as being GPL licensed, attribute the original authorship to yuoo2k, provide a link to ietab.net, and describe the updates that were made. We would not have done all of that work if we were _trying_ to violate the GPL.

So please accept our apology for the following GPL mistakes:

1. We did not include the license.txt file in the package. This will be fixed in the next release. PCMan, you may also want to add the license.txt to your version.

2. We did not include text that is required by that version of the GPL stating explicitly that you could contact us to get a copy of the source code and we would provide it. We will fix this in the next release by providing links to the actual source code project. We have also already added that link to the AMO listing and the ietab.net home page. PCMan, I think your version does not include an explicit link to the source code in the XPI? I think this is another thing that you should add to the original version. That way derivative works won't make the mistake we made.

3. We did not mark it as GPL in the AMO listing. This was just sloppy, and it has been fixed.

For all of these mistakes, yes, we apologize sincerely.

Best regards,
- Don

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7

引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 10:33 
離線
[MozTW 版主群]

註冊時間: 2006-03-07, 13:35
文章: 245
來自: 豐原市
我不知有沒有看漏了,好像一直沒看到針對用他人名字註冊一事的解釋,有人有看到嗎?

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 12:24 
離線

註冊時間: 2008-07-16, 06:46
文章: 8
正確來說,是從沒提過。

回頂端
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 12:45 
離線

註冊時間: 2009-03-07, 13:43
文章: 3
support@ietab.net 寫:
My apologies if this is a duplicate, I am having some difficulty with the forum because it is not in my native language.

Ah, I see some of the confusion....

first thing, we are using our non-native-language, English, to talk to you. i think that is fair to all of us.

second, i think i sould say something for you just like the original author PCMan mentioned, you guys did a really great job to fix the addon for over 1M users (according to your statistic).
but, let us make the things clearly. you guys truly break GPL for years. and i have no idea if PCMan break GPL or not. if he did, he must fix the problem as soon as possible. no one exception. yes, fair to all of us.

since i'm one of the Firefox users for years. i've used this wonderful browser since Fx3.0
so, i know the whole story these years. and i was a user to IE tab and your IE tab2 as well.
as i said, you did a great job. but, you should fully understand the thing we discuss here is all about one word - RESPECT.
respect to original author, respect to the game rule, respect to your conscience.
let me remind you a little bit thing that all of us, including me, are curious.
why we got two PCMan accounts in AMO? and one of them was your develop team member? (but he is not now)
that is really strange you know? maybe this discover is my (or sould i say our) mistake.
if so, please feel free to let me know. i will apologize to you immediately.
but if not, i think you should prepare for explaining all of these happened. that will be very thankful.

if you cannot normalize this "double accounts issue", my suggestion is...
apologize again (please understand, not to me, to the one who you offended).

thankyou for reading is post 'cause it wastes your time. i very appreciate.

Best Regards,

回頂端
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 13:31 
離線

註冊時間: 2005-04-05, 15:43
文章: 126
support@ietab.net 寫:
1. We did not include the license.txt file in the package. This will be fixed in the next release. PCMan, you may also want to add the license.txt to your version.

2. We did not include text that is required by that version of the GPL stating explicitly that you could contact us to get a copy of the source code and we would provide it. We will fix this in the next release by providing links to the actual source code project. We have also already added that link to the AMO listing and the ietab.net home page. PCMan, I think your version does not include an explicit link to the source code in the XPI? I think this is another thing that you should add to the original version. That way derivative works won't make the mistake we made.

3. We did not mark it as GPL in the AMO listing. This was just sloppy, and it has been fixed.

For all of these mistakes, yes, we apologize sincerely.

Best regards,
- Don

Thank you for the fixes. Now the source code of IE Tab2 is made available.
The source code of the original IE Tab is always available on its project page:
http://ietab.mozdev.org/
There is a prominent link to "Source Code" on the page.
GPL basically requires that you distribute source code along with the binary (not necessarily in the same package), not only provide it when someone asks for it.
Having javascript in xpi is not enough, either since the source code of the binary plugin is not provided. Technically, you did a great job and really deserves a "thank you". I owe you a "thank you" for this as well. The code you've written is quite good.
I, however, am not happy about the GPL violation, wrong license on AMO, and the improper use of our project name and author names. That's all.
As long as you can follow GPL and the rules of free software, feel free to use the code. Since now you have fixed the GPL issue, I owe you a "thank you" for fixing IE Tab and keeping it alive for many years. Welcome to the world of free software and please keep the good work!

Best regards to your development team.

回頂端
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 19:37 
離線

http://getsatisfaction.com/ietab/topics ... ly_7644331

actor90 1 hour ago
Seems the original IE Tab author has a lot of names and accounts, or some friends who can't speak English very well ranting because you helped all the users and updated an extension he abandoned years ago. I guess he is coming here looking for some cheese to go along with his wine.

Thank you Don for stepping up and providing an excellent extension for all of us Firefox users.

他們的人好像開始用免洗ID來說話了,actor90似乎是2012/1/3才創造出來的
還說原作者想要分IE TAB V2的甜頭
我已經不知道說什麼了

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20120101 Firefox/12.0a1
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 21:21 
離線

註冊時間: 2005-08-05, 21:48
文章: 43
來自: Taichung in Taiwan
The file is screenshot from http://getsatisfaction.com/ietab/topics ... ly_7644331.

The content what actor90 wrote is ridiculous.

附加檔案:
20120103-IETab 2 stole the work!!! - Mozilla Firefox.png [39.88 KiB]
被下載 652 次
回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 22:35 
離線

http://getsatisfaction.com/ietab/topics ... ly_7644331

actor90: Thank you for the support.

But actually, the original author has been gracious enough to thank us for updating IE Tab. He is a decent fellow, and I can understand some of his concerns about the GPL, it was just unfortunate that he chose to make this into a big public deal unnecessarily instead of just replying to one of the many e-mails I have sent him over the years.

But this is all in the past, and I hope we can move forward. Here's to everyone just fixing bugs!

(johnteee, I think perhaps you are drinking too much coffee)

他不想認帳耶...
PCMAN你覺得呢?都有snapshot了
他還說一切都是誤會
假帳號不想認,可惜不能告他

回頂端
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20120102 Firefox/12.0a1
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
文章發表於 : 2012-01-03, 22:46 
離線

註冊時間: 2003-11-18, 10:59
文章: 3473
看 PCMan 大的回應,主要都只是針對 Source Code 的部分,可能是工作忙碌也不想理會那些低級手段。既然雙方現在已達成共識,其他一些無聊人士的言語,如果當事人沒有特別不爽,大家稍微抗議過後就適可而止吧,記得不論看到什麼低級的話,都請保持理性,英文要送出前多檢查一下,以免造成反效果。

回頂端
 個人資料  
引用回覆  
顯示文章 :  排序  
發表新文章 回覆主題  [ 75 篇文章 ]  前往頁數 上一頁  12345  下一頁

所有顯示的時間為 UTC + 8 小時

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 16 位訪客

不能 在這個版面發表主題
不能 在這個版面回覆主題
不能 在這個版面編輯您的文章